If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, look no further than the Law Office of Michael D. Pinsky, P.C. today. Our experienced Newburgh bankruptcy lawyers are here to help you navigate this process. We are here for you each step of the way.
Where can I obtain bankruptcy forms in New York?
If you would like to obtain bankruptcy forms, you will need to visit www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms to receive copies. Additionally, you will want to recognize that your local bankruptcy court may ask you to file more forms in addition to the official forms that every bankruptcy court applies.
Where do I file the forms?
If you are filing for bankruptcy, you will need to abide by certain rules. To begin, you will need to file in the right place to avoid complications. If you are filing for bankruptcy, you can file in the following places:
- The district where you have been living for the greater part of the 180-day period before you file
- The district where you are domiciled: where you maintain your home, even if you have been living elsewhere temporarily
How do I file the forms?
You must file the bankruptcy forms in person at the bankruptcy court. If you retain the services of an attorney to represent you, they will be able to provide you with the required forms for your review and signature, and then they will be file the forms electronically to the court.
To learn more about this process, reach out to an experienced Newburgh bankruptcy lawyer today.
Why should I hire a bankruptcy attorney?
Even though you can represent yourself when filing for bankruptcy, you should still consider hiring an experienced lawyer. The process of filing for bankruptcy can be a complicated and stressful process. With the help of an attorney, they can:
- Advise you under which chapter to file.
- Advise you on whether to file a bankruptcy petition.
- Advise you on whether your debts can be discharged.
- Advise you on whether or not you will be able to keep your home, car, or other property after you file.
- Advise you of the tax consequences of filing.
- Advise you on whether you should continue to pay creditors.
- Explain bankruptcy law and procedures to you.
- Help you complete and file forms.
- Assist you with most aspects of your bankruptcy case.
Reach out to our seasoned legal team today to discuss the details of your case and your options. Our legal team is committed to helping you through the bankruptcy process. We are just one call away.
CONTACT A BANKRUPTCY LAWYER TO DISCUSS YOUR DEBT OR COLLECTION ISSUE
Michael D. Pinsky, P.C. represents clients in bankruptcy actions and related matters. Please call 845-394-2616 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.