If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, it is in your best interest to learn about the process first. Continue reading and reach out to our firm today. Our Newburgh bankruptcy lawyer is on your side.
How do I gain access to bankruptcy forms?
To learn more about how you can obtain bankruptcy forms, check out www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms to get access to some copies. Furthermore, you will want to remember that your local bankruptcy court may request that you file additional forms in the event that bankruptcy court applies others.
How are the forms filed?
It is important to realize that all bankruptcy forms must be filed in person in bankruptcy court. With an experienced bankruptcy attorney on your side, you will be able to have the required forms properly reviewed and signed, and then your attorney can file the forms electronically to the court.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this process, do not wait to reach out to our firm today. A skilled Newburgh bankruptcy attorney is on your side.
Where do the forms need to be filed?
It is important that you follow certain rules when filing for bankruptcy. To start, you will need to file in the right place to avoid difficulties. If you are filing for bankruptcy, you can file in the following places:
- The district where you have been living for the majority of the 180-day period before you file
- The district where you are domiciled. This refers to where you keep your home, even if you have been living elsewhere in the meantime.
What are the advantages of hiring a bankruptcy attorney?
While it is true that you can represent yourself when filing for bankruptcy, it is still best that you have an experienced lawyer. The process of filing for bankruptcy can be a complicated and overwhelming process. With the help of an attorney, they can:
- Advise you on whether to file a bankruptcy petition.
- Advise you under which chapter to file.
- Advise you on whether your debts can be discharged.
- Advise you on whether or not you will be able to keep your home, car, or other property after you file.
- Advise you of the tax consequences of filing.
- Advise you on whether you should continue to pay creditors.
- Explain bankruptcy law and procedures to you.
- Help you complete and file forms.
- Assist you with most aspects of your bankruptcy case.
Do not wait to contact our firm today to discuss the specifics of your case and the best plan for you. Our legal team has years of experience helping people just like you. We are just one call away.
CONTACT A BANKRUPTCY LAWYER TO DISCUSS YOUR DEBT OR COLLECTION ISSUE
Michael D. Pinsky, P.C. represents clients in bankruptcy actions and related matters. Please call 845-394-2616 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.