About the Firm
Proven Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Lawyer Delivers Effective Solutions
Accomplished Newburgh, New York firm helps clients make a fresh financial start
Money struggles take a toll on you and your loved ones, but an experienced New York bankruptcy attorney can create a sound plan to help you get back on your feet. For more than 30 years, I have represented clients in a complete range of debt relief matters. Bankruptcy exists to help people who have become overwhelmed by debt, often because of circumstances beyond their control. I can help you determine which type of bankruptcy filing will best meet your needs, whether you require repayment terms that fit your income, a restructuring of business debt, or a complete discharge of nonexempt obligations.
Dedicated advocate handles Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 proceedings
For decades, residents and business owners have counted on my counsel and recommended my firm to those they know for many reasons, including my:
- Focus on bankruptcy and debt relief — My firm focuses exclusively on bankruptcy and related matters so you’ll benefit from an attorney who understands the latest developments in this area and can find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Strategic approach — I help people and companies anticipate how the bankruptcy process might proceed and work to make sure that each decision they make suits their particular needs.
- Understanding of long-term consequences — How you deal with your debt can affect you for years to come, so it’s important to retain a lawyer who not only addresses your immediate concerns but can put you on the path to long-term stability.
From your free initial consultation through the conclusion of your matter, I’ll deliver strong advice and advocacy to help you tackle your financial challenges and secure the protection you’re entitled to.
Areas of Practice
New York attorney pursues debt relief for individuals and businesses
In Orange County and throughout the Hudson Valley, my firm offers knowledgeable advice and representation on all types of bankruptcy programs, such as:
- Chapter 7 liquidation — Under Chapter 7, people and companies who are not capable of repaying what they owe are able to discharge many of their debts by liquidating certain assets. I’ll explain how this process works and tell you what obligations are exempt from this protection.
- Chapter 13 repayment plans — If you’re earning income but cannot close the gap on the debt you owe, my firm is able to prepare a Chapter 13 repayment plan that stops collectors from calling and establishes a budget that you can live with while satisfying your creditors.
- Chapter 11 reorganization — Reorganization under Chapter 11 has been effective for many businesses that seek to remain open while restructuring their debt and retooling their operation. I am able to handle sophisticated negotiations with creditors and find creative answers to serious challenges.
- Chapter 12 protection for family farmers and fishermen — A newer and lesser-known alternative for family farmers and fishermen is Chapter 12 bankruptcy. This option acknowledges the special concerns that affect families who work in these unpredictable industries.
Don’t hesitate to get the help you need from a seasoned debt relief attorney. No matter what your specific situation entails, I’ll work with you to pursue a favorable solution.
Contact a knowledgeable Hudson Valley bankruptcy lawyer for a free consultation
Michael D. Pinsky, P.C. represents clients throughout New York's Hudson Valley in a full range of bankruptcy matters. Please call 845-394-2616 or contact me online
for a free initial consultation at my office in Newburgh.